This is a quick and easy breakfast that can be eaten any time of day. Make it the night before and eat it warm or cold the next day.
- 1/2 cup dry oats (plain, not quick style)
- 1 cup water or milk of choice (I love coconut milk)
- fruit of choice
- cinnamon (optional)
- 1 TBSP ground flax (good for fibre and essential fats) (also optional)
- Combine everything in a mason jar.
- Put on the lid and shake.
- Set in the fridge overnight.
- Heat on low heat on the stove or enjoy as is.
- fruit: grated apple, banana, peaches, blueberries, strawberries, ….
- Sweeteners: I don’t use any, but you can add a touch of honey or maple syrup
- You can add nuts, chia seeds or raisins. Anything you want to keep crunchy, add just before eating.
Experiment with flavours – it won’t get boring!