Make these for supper the night before and make extra for the lunchbox the next day. My kids love these cold the next day. Have your kids help with making these. They are more likely to eat new things if they are involved in the decision making.
- English muffins (preferably whole grain – I like the Ezekial brand in the freezer section)
- Pizza Sauce
- Cheese (your choice, but mozzarella works nicely)
- toppings of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the English muffins in half.
- Have the kids spread out the pizza sauce on each.
- I put out many bowls of toppings such as onions, red, yellow, and green peppers, broccoli, olives, pineapple, small ham chunks, pepperoni, etc.
- The kids then add toppings. I tell them that they have to choose 2 vegetables and if they wish, they can have 1 meat.
- Grate the cheese.
- Have the kids spread the cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes. If you want golden cheese, you can broil for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy.
Remember to place some in the fridge for lunch tomorrow.