This is a very quick and easy Pizza Sauce. It is about as fast as opening a can of pizza sauce bought at the store. You do need to plan a day ahead, but there are no sugars like many store brands have. Check out the Quick and easy mini pizza recipe too!
- 1 large can crushed tomatoes
- 1 TBSP Italian spices
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried garlic powder (not garlic salt) or 1 clove finely chopped fresh garlic
- Add the crushed tomatoes to a mason jar.
- Add the spices.
- Place the lid on securely. Shake well.
- Let sit in the fridge overnight for flavours to meld.
Try adding or changing the spice blend to suit your or your child’s taste buds. Do you love garlic, add some more. Are you a fiend for oregano, add a bit more of that one. Maybe a touch of curry if you want to try for an Indian taste.
Once in the fridge, it should keep for a few days. If you want to keep it longer, freeze it. Remember to defrost it before you need it.