I came across a similar recipe a while ago, and decided it was time to bring it to work. I modified it to match the ingredients I had on hand, and to suit my tastes. Here is my version of the recipe.
- 1 cucumber, zucchini, carrot, or yellow pepper as your noodles
- 1/2 cup nuts (I used walnuts) – if using harder nuts such as almonds, pre-soak them
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2-3 sun-dried tomatoes (soaked for 30 minutes)
- 1 date, pitted
- 1 heaping TBSP Italian spice
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- Spiralize the noodle of choice. Set aside.
- Using a food processor blend together the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix together.
- If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can use a peeler.
- You can also use leftover regular noodles.
- Feel free to use fresh herbs.
I hope that you enjoy this. I really liked it. My girls liked the sauce, but not the “noodles.” I will use leftover regular noodles next time for them.
I brought it to work and had it as my pre-flight snack. The nuts in the sauce kept me full for quite a while.